ALT Linux Bugzilla – #4288
Wrong song length in xmms 1.2.10
Last modified: 2006-09-28 01:45:18
You need to
before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.
I have made "apt-get dist-upgrade". I have all components which have xmms
substring in their names. Xmms 1.2.10 show wrong song length. For example, I
have song that lasts 3:00, xmms shows that its length is 33:04. Two additions:
1) in "File Info" window it shows correct song length; 2) it reproduces only on
songs with constant bitrate, not variable.
Is wrong length fixated in ~/.xmms/xmms.m3u or UI problem only?
If possible, would be helpful to try to build pristine 1.2.10 to sort out
possible problem with e.g. rusxmms patch or one of the others.
Didn't notice such things myself, so need more input.
After todays (15.06.2004) "apt-get dist-upgrade" this bug dissapeared.
I didn't fix anything that could be related ni 1.2.10-alt3. So it's either
rebuild effect or some inter-component change from state that manifested itself
on your host specifically.
So do we close the bug or let it hang?
I suppose that rebuilding of glibc affects in such way. I have 2 hosts (desktop
& laptop). Both have the same behavior. Let's close this bug, if it will
reappear I will reopen bug.
After todays (21.06.2004) "apt-get dist-upgrade" this bug reappear. I suppose
that there is a bug in glibc that affects to xmms.
Today I have debug xmms and found that problem in xmms-in-mad plugin. It wrong
calculates song length. After uninstalling this package song length calculates
by mpg123 library and it calculates length correctly. There are two ways from
1) Remove xmms-in-mad from sisyphus.
2) Rebuild xmms-in-mad plugin using latest(0.6) version and pray that
patch is in these sources.
well so it belongs to that package then...
thanks for investigation though!
I guess it's fixed -- there was 0.6, and finally 0.8.
* Sat Feb 19 2005 LAKostis <lakostis@> 0.8-alt1
* Sat Feb 19 2005 LAKostis <lakostis@> 0.7-alt1.1
- add patch for correct wave header checks (adopted from xmms source).
* Fri Dec 24 2004 LAKostis <lakostis@> 0.7-alt1
* Tue Jul 13 2004 Alexander V. Denisov <rupor@> 0.6-alt1
- Finally fixed fast playtime calculation (i hope)
- Use autoreconf in bootstrap