ALT Linux Bugzilla – #500
a lot of files should belong to XFree86-utils: app-defaults, icons, configs...
Last modified: 2005-08-29 01:22:46
You need to
before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.
1. /etc/X11/xdm/chooser (and other xdm files: rpm -q XFree86 -l | fgrep xdm) --
is it fine to have some files for xdm, when xdm itself is in another package
Since xdm is a special program (it may be needed when no other utils have to be
installed, e.g. on X-terminals), I suggest to make a separate pkg with it.
2. App-defaults are read by programs from local filesystem, rather than
provided by the X-server. A corresponding app-defaults file should accompany
the program binary.
Thus all /etc/X11/app-defaults/* should be moved from XFree86 to XFree86-utils
pkg, where the binaries are. One exception is Chooser which is xdm related.
By what package should be owned the directory app-defaults then?
3. Icons should accompany the program binaries. All icons from XFree86 (rpm -q
XFree86 -l | fgrep icons/) should be moved to XFree86-utils.
4. All twm related files (rpm -q XFree86 | fgrep twm) should be moved to
XFree86-utils pkg, where twm\'s binary is.
5. rstartd related files (rpm -q XFree86 -l | fgrep rstart) should be moved to
XFree86-utils, since the binary of rstartd is there (and it is really a kind of